Welcome to my adventures on New Island

Continuing stories about new residents and locals who I meet as I learn my way around my new home on New Island






Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3, 2011 Julia's Spa - Kite "Fly-In Festival" - Vladimir's Surprise




Vladimir's Barn and his fully restored Fokker Triplane

Hello Everyone, Vlad, here.....

Here is my plan, I'm all gassed up and ready to FLY!  Julia's Beach is where the Kite "Fly-In" Festival is being held, and I plan to FLY-IN and surprise everyone!!!! Won't they be shocked!

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't crash and burn on her maiden flight!  That would surely put me on the late night news - I can see the Headlines......Vlad does it again, with a Splash! Video at 11 PM, tune in to Commonwealth Channel 11!   

Locals shocked when a fly over turns into a crash landing. 

Wish me luck!  Be seeing you!  
Vlad



Sandy's Notes for background on story - 
Kite Festival - held on a beach near a "Julia's Spa" which approx. 10-12 north of where I am building my house  - there is this  character "Vladimir" who lives on the island - and is well known for his technical expertise of restoring old "things"  - for over a year not he has been secreted away a lot in his barn working on "something" and has been bartering  
for gasoline.  Locals have been wondering what he has been up to - and today they are going to find out.  

I've been wanting to meet him, to discuss him taking a look at "La Bella Dame" an antique sewing machine that I bartered traded some services for with Mrs. Lillian Tawicky.  I think there is more to her than meets the eye.  She has recently lost her beloved dog, Rudy and seems so sad.  She and I are going to go shopping for fabric and sewing notions, since in return for the sewing machine (and if you want to see her she is a beautiful Treadle - go to my previous blog post)....I will be making new curtains for her cottage and I am sure a few other things that she might need mending...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment