Welcome to my adventures on New Island

Continuing stories about new residents and locals who I meet as I learn my way around my new home on New Island






Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jars of Honey - From first hive - Tom's Post


Fred, 
I hope its ok with Travelin’ Gal to send you a post about my first honey! I attached a photo that Dad took, he is so proud of me.  
I wanted to thank you for all you help - without you I’d wouldn’t have been as successful with my first hive. 
And yes, I remembered what you told me, that when the weather starts to cool down that it is very important not to take too much, being sure to leave enough honey for the bees to eat so that they survive the winter. 
Oh, I almost forgot, Miss Gray gave me an A on my term paper about raising bees - hope you are having a good time on your trip and say Hello to everyone.

Tom, Apprentice Beekeeper



No comments:

Post a Comment