Welcome to my adventures on New Island

Continuing stories about new residents and locals who I meet as I learn my way around my new home on New Island






Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sounds of the Night - New Band - H & P - Hopp's Store


Hopp a man of many talents.
At sundown Hoop said, “Come with me P, I hear you play the drums; is that true?”  
I stammered, “Yes, but only for my self”, as I felt myself blush, how did he know that?
He pointed to a pile of junk, of a 5 gallon plastic bottle, a big white bucket, and assorted pots and pans on a back shelf.  
He handed me two well used drum sticks and said, “Well, grab some of those and come with me out back”; I did.
When I walked out the back door, there he was sitting on a woven mat, his legs crossed and 3 brass bowls in from of him. 
“What are those?” 
“They are sining bowls, sit quietly and listen and join it when you get the beat.”
Looking around, what the heck, no one around for miles and miles.....there we sat playing long into the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment